Are you suffering from painful gums? Do find your lifestyle habits drastically affecting your oral health? If so, it may be that you find yourself in a position where you are at an increased risk for gum disease. Typical risk factors for gum disease include the following:
– A failure to visit your dentist for regular checkups and oral examinations can raise your risk for poor oral hygiene and gum disease.
– Noteworthy changes in your life, especially during pregnancy, can increase your risk for gum disease.
– The medications you’re taking or the foods you’re eating can cause a rise in gum disease.
– Chewing or smoking tobacco is a known risk factor for gum disease.
– Drug abuse can contribute to gum disease.
– Genetic predispositions and a family history of gum disease are contributing factors.
– If you have any hormonal changes in your body, especially if you are a young girl, it can drastically increase the rate at which gingivitis, an early stage of gum disease, can occur.
– Diabetes is a known contributor to gum disease.
When you are ready to schedule a gum disease treatment with Steven P. Walker, DDS at our dentist office in Chesterton, Indiana, you can call us at 219-926-4321. Dr. Steven Walker and our entire team look forward to enhancing your smile: