When seeking out or using medications to help treat your oral health, speak with your dentist to find products that are safe and effective. Here are a few tips about medications and oral health and what ailments and side effects to your oral health that can occur due to medication use:
– Oral medications that are inhaled can lead to an infection referred to as oral candidiasis, also known as thrush. One potential treatment method is to thoroughly clean out your mouth after inhaling any form of medication.
– Before taking any type of medication, it is always a good idea to speak with your dentist first to determine if it will damage your oral health.
– Medications can play an influential role in your oral health, as there are many complications and side effects that can arise.
– Medications can be found either via prescription or via over-the-counter store-bought products.
– Typical side effects of medications include dry mouth, which is a medical disorder that consists of a diminished amount of saliva in your mouth.
To learn more about which service you would prefer for treating your smile, contact Steven P. Walker, DDS at 219-926-4321. Come visit Dr. Steven Walker and our team at our dentist office in Chesterton, Indiana by booking an appointment at your earliest convenience. We look forward to your visit.